How do I file a civil case in Magistrate Court?
After you have notified the defendant of your intent to file, you will come to one of the Magistrates’ Court and fill out an information sheet that will briefly outline your complaint and any damages you believe you are entitled. Be sure to have the defendant’s physical address or a description of how to locate their premises, supporting documentation such as notices of evictions, contracts, bill of sales, titles, certified receipts and letters if mailed, and any other pertinent information concerning your suit. The Civil Court Clerk will enter your information into the computer system and produce documents to sign for your particular case. Filing fees are due at the time of filing. Our fees are:
Summons & Complaint $ 70.00
Claim & Delivery $ 55.00
Evictions $ 30.00
Summary Ejectment of Trespassers $ 55.00
Judicial Sales $ 35.00

There will be a $ 10.00 Process Service Fee for all complaints served in addition to the filing fee. If you have any questions please call and the Civil Clerk will be glad to help.

Show All Answers

1. What kind of civil cases are heard in Magistrate Court?
2. How do I file a civil case in Magistrate Court?
3. Where do I file my civil case?
4. I have a judgment from Magistrate’s court; how do I have it executed?
5. How do I file a criminal case?
6. What can I do if I accept a check for payment of merchandise or services and bank returns the check due to insufficient funds, or for some other reason?
7. Can you tell me how to appeal a decision of the Summary Court?
8. Can you explain an “expungement”?
9. What is PTI?
10. Can I discuss my case with the Judge?