- Community Services
- Board of Voter Registration and Elections
- How & Where to Register
How & Where to Register
- Register at the County Board of Voter Registration and Elections Office located at 201 Jackson Avenue West, Hampton, S.C. Identification is required. Social Security number is required by the S.C. Code of Laws and is used for internal purposes only.
- Register at any of the designated Department of Motor Vehicles, the Department of Social Services and other state and federal public service agencies.
- Register online at www.scvotes.gov. Online registration requires a South Carolina Driver's License or Department of Motor Vehicle ID. If you have moved, you must first update your residence address with the DMV.
- Register by mail. Download a voter registration application from www.scvotes.gov. Complete the application and return it to the county voter registration office in one of the following ways: In person, by mail, fax, or scan the application and email the image as a file attachment.
Board of Voter Registration and Elections
B.T. Deloach Building
201 Jackson Avenue West
Hampton, SC 29924
Fax: (803) 914-2083
The 2002 Help America Vote Act (HAVA) requires an individual registering to vote by mail, who has not previously registered in the county, to submit a copy of one of the following forms of identification: A current and valid photo identification, a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document. All identification, other than the photo ID, must show the current and correct residential address of the voter. Identification requirements do not apply to UOCAVA (military/overseas) citizens registering to vote using the Federal Post Card Application, citizens age 65 or older, or disabled citizens.