Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Yes. Latex and oil paints are accepted for recycling. Please ask for appropriate drop off area and never place paints into the bins or compactor.
Show All Answers
BE SAFE WITH NEEDLES
Put a sticker (or label) on an empty bleach or detergent bottle. Place used needles or lancets inside the bottle. Put the cap on the bottle. When the bottle is 3/4 full, secure the cap tightly and throw the bottle into the trash. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER TO PLACE A WARNING STICKER ON THE BOTTLE! For FREE stickers, call 1-800-285-5257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and number of stickers requested.
If a take-back or mail back program is not available to you, most unused or expired medications can be disposed of in your household trash.
Here are recommended steps to follow:
* Remove your unwanted medication from the original container.
* Mix the Medication (do not crush tablets or capsules) with an undesirable substance such as cat litter, dirt, flour or used coffee grounds.
* Place the mixture in a container such as a sealed plastic bag or empty margarine tub.
* Throw the container in your household trash.
* DO NOT FLUSH OR POUR DOWN THE DRAIN. Keeping prescription and over-the-counter medication out of the environment is VERY important. After being flushed or poured down a drain, many medicines pass through sewer and septic systems. Because these systems cannot always treat or remove the medicines, they may end up in streams, lakes and groundwater. This can cause adverse effects in fish and other aquatic wildlife, as well as unintentional human exposure.
Recycling centers are closed on Christmas day.
There is no charge to citizens of Hampton County to use the 10 convenience site drop off center locations when delivering residential debris. Please refer to recyclables accepted page to verify the items that can be delivered to the sites.
Yes, only one. The Landfill center, located at 2360 Hopewell Road, is open from 1 P.M. to 7 P.M. on Sunday.
The Main Landfill is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, except on county observed holidays. All 10 convenience site drop off center locations are open Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Land Fill Site is also open on Sunday from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM (see #4) Christmas Day, December 25th is the only day the convenience sites will be closed. On all other county holidays, the sites remain on regular operating days.
Bring them to the Landfill for disposal. The Landfill is located at 2310 Hopewell Road.
No. Large truck tires must be delivered to the main landfill.
Bring large tires to the main landfill for disposal. Large tires/semi tires are not accepted at the 10 convenience site drop off locations. There is a fee for large tires ($123 per ton) when such tires are brought to the landfill by Hampton County citizens or businesses, unless current paperwork showing that the SC state disposal fee has already been paid to the state for the amount of tires being delivered at the time of delivery. Note: the landfill does keep a copy of these records on file and the same paperwork cannot be reused.