The IT Department is responsible for the daily internal technological operations of county departments. The department provides direction, guidance, and oversight for all the county's internal technology products and services including servers and the I.P. Phone System.
- Provides vision and leadership in the development and implementation for the county wide information technology program
- Advises County officials on technical solutions
- Advises county departments on technical projects and plans
- Prepares annual IT budget
- Analyzes technical expenses to cut costs
- Procures all technical hardware and software
- Performs analyst, technician, and troubleshooting duties.
- Maintains Wide Area Network (WAN) fiber optic connected infrastructure.
- Maintains wireless access points and VOIP phone system
- Manages Windows Active Directory network in Windows environment
- Configure and maintain primary domains, child domains, DNS, DHCP, MS SQL server, terminal services, and network backup solutions
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and deploy Windows workstations, current windows OS, MS Office, desktop imaging, and many other software solutions